Get involved and celebrate National School Breakfast Week, March 4-8, 2019!
National School Breakfast Week allows students, school staff, faculty, and families to understand the importance of school breakfast, the D.C. Healthy Schools Act, and the benefits that they offer to students in D.C. traditional and charter public schools. This annual event also recognizes the contribution of school food service workers and how vital they are to ensuring that students receive a healthy breakfast every day.
How to get involved:
- Download the 2019 School Breakfast Week Toolkit, featuring flyers, information, and social media resources.
- Participate in Hear the D.C. Crunch!
Facts About School Breakfast:
D.C. is ranked fourth in the nation for connecting low-income students to school breakfast.
- Reduces hunger and improve wellness among school-aged children;
- Improves academic performance;
- Reduces behavioral problems;
- Boosts children’s diets;
- Helps reduce obesity; and
- Allows families to save money on groceries.