Hear the D.C. Crunch
Wednesday, March 8, 2023
Join D.C. Hunger Solutions in making some noise to celebrate the many benefits of the School Breakfast Program – participate in Hear the D.C. Crunch on Wednesday, March 8, 2023, during National School Breakfast Week.
Sign up here!
All you have to do is:
- Grab an apple.
- Take a picture while biting into the apple.
- Share on social media. Be sure to tag yourself and @DCHunger on Twitter, @DCHungerSolutions on Instagram, and D.C. Hunger Solutions on Facebook.
- Use the hashtag #HearTheCrunch.
- Get everyone you know to join in!
Want to do more? Here are some ideas to engage students, parents, and teachers:
- Make sure apples are included on your breakfast menu for March 8, 2023
- Take a video while participating in the apple crunch and post to your school’s website and social media (remember to tag #HearTheCrunch @dchunger / @dchungersolutions)
- Invite parents to have breakfast with their child and include them in your Hear the D.C. Crunch! celebration of school breakfast
- Have teachers incorporate apples and nutrition into their lesson plans. Check out USDA’s resources for apple focused nutrition education
- While students are enjoying their breakfast, have them color an apple coloring sheet and write about their favorite breakfast items. Coloring sheet available in the Hear the D.C. Crunch Toolkit.
- Download flyers, graphics, sample social media language, resources for schools, and more from our Hear the Crunch Toolkit.
Questions? Email LaMonika Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.