Who is Eligible for Afterschool Meals?
- Through the Child and Adult Food Care Program (CACFP), afterschool programs can receive a monthly reimbursement for the meals and snacks they serve.
- Meals that are reimbursed must meet federal guidelines.
- All youth who are age 18 and younger at the start of the school year and any person with a disability can get meals through participating afterschool programs.
How to Apply
- Youth or those with disabilities at participating afterschool programs can receive meals automatically.
- Organizations should check out the Federal Nutrition Programs Toolkit to learn about the application process.
Get in Touch with the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Email: email@example.com (please specify CACFP in the subject line)
- Website: osse.dc.gov/service/child-and-adultcare-food-program-cacfp
- Phone: (202) 727-6436 (parents/guardians/adults: please contact the facility you or your child attends first)
- D.C. Hunger Solutions, DC Department of Health, DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education, DC Public Schools, DC Department Human Services and DC Department of Aging and Community Living have come together to create a District of Columbia Federal Nutrition Programs Toolkit with a roadmap on how to navigate Federal Nutrition Programs.