Resources for All Residents
- Free Summer Meals Sites
- The SHARE Network (1-800-21-SHARE) is a wholesale food cooperative that can provide $40-$50 worth of food for just $21 and 2 hours of volunteer work per month.
- Food and Friends (202-269-2277) provides home delivered meals and groceries to people with serious illnesses (HIV/AIDS, cancer, poorly controlled diabetes, or receiving hospice care) that limit their ability to get food for themselves. Must be referred by a healthcare provider.
- Emergency Food and Other Social Services: The Capital Area Food Bank Network
- Grocery Stores and Other Healthy Food Access: The Healthy Food Access Portal
- Farmers’ markets, information on Produce Plus, and Community Food Guides: DC Greens
- C. WIC Clinics
- C. ESA Offices: for SNAP, TANF, etc.