DCHS conducts outreach for federal nutrition programs throughout the District by:
- Providing application assistance for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP);
- Sharing resources at community events;
- Distributing materials to individuals, government agencies, and partner organizations;
- Partnering with D.C. government agencies and partner organizations;
- Training organizations interested in food insecurity and federal nutrition programs;
- EITC/SNAP Campaign;
- Speaking on panels, focus groups, and to classrooms; and
- Working with service providers for special populations.
In 2020 DCHS:
- distributed 6,482 materials;
- attended 45 SNAP outreach events;
- conducted 13 SNAP trainings conducted; and
- disseminated information 17 times to SNAP outreach partners.
If you’re interested in sharing our resources at your next event or training, email us at email@example.com.