Volunteer for the 2020 EITC/SNAP Outreach Campaign
From February to April, we partner with D.C. Community Tax Aid to help income-eligible residents take advantage of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and enroll in SNAP when they file their taxes. For our 2020 EITC Campaign, we are seeking 40-50 enthusiastic volunteers to be SNAP Outreach Specialists. This volunteer role entails:
- SNAP application assistance (filling out a paper SNAP application with the client)
- Providing materials on free or reduced-price food resources in the DMV region
NEW volunteers are required to attend a three-hour training on one of the following dates:
- Monday, January 13, 2020 from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 6 – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
RETURNING volunteers are required to attend a refresher training on one of the following dates:
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020 from 6 – 7:30 p.m.
All trainings will be held at the D.C. Hunger Solutions office located at 1200 18th Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, D.C. 20036. A meal and refreshments will be provided to volunteers during training. Volunteers are asked to commit to a weekly time slot (generally two to three hours per week) during the tax season (February 1 through April 15). Shifts are available on weekends and evenings. Bilingual volunteers (especially for Spanish and Amharic) are in high demand for certain tax sites.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact Audrey Scandurro. If you are unable to volunteer, please help spread the word to others who may be interested. Check out our 2020 flyer for more information. To learn more, read our blog post from last year’s EITC Campaign.