National School Breakfast Week, March 6-10, 2023, allows students, educators, and families to celebrate school breakfast and all the benefits it provides to students in D.C. schools. This annual event also recognizes the contribution of school food service workers to ensuring that students receive a healthy breakfast every day.
On March 8, 2023, during National School Breakfast Week, D.C. Hunger Solutions will celebrate the benefits of school breakfast with Hear the D.C. Crunch! — an annual event where students, parents, educators, policymakers, advocates, and others in D.C. and Maryland take synchronized bites into apples in support of school breakfast.
- Reduces hunger and improve wellness among school-aged children;
- Improves academic performance;
- Reduces behavioral problems;
- Boosts children’s diets;
- Helps reduce obesity; and
- Allows families to save money on groceries.
Help us spread the word by participating in Hear the D.C. Crunch on Wednesday, March 8th!