D.C. Hunger Solutions works to connect seniors and older adults to food programs and help enact policies to end hunger.
Nutrition programs for older adults are designed for adults age 60 and older and adults with disabilities. Services offered include community dining, home-delivered meals, nutrition screening, nutrition counseling, nutrition supplements and nutrition education.
What Programs can Older Adults use?
How to Apply?
- Call Information and Referral: (202) 724-5626
- Staff will begin the client application process and refer clients to their local Lead Agency (TERRIFIC, Inc. for Wards 1,2, and 4; IONA for Ward 3; Seabury for Wards 5,6; East River Family Strengthening Collaborative for Wards 7,8) to receive services.
Contact the Department of Aging and Community Living
- Phone: (202) 724-5626
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: dacl.dc.gov/service/nutrition
- Instagram: @dcagingnews
- There are 40 Community Dining Sites found throughout the District.
- There are three Adult Day Health Centers open for in person programming: Genevieve N. Johnson Zion Adult Day Care, Iona Senior Services operates two Adult Day Care Programs including Iona Washington Home Center and Iona Wellness & Arts Center.
- There are six Senior Wellness Centers open for in person activities: Bernice Fontenau, Hattie Holmes, Model Cities, Hayes, Washington, and Congress Heights.
- Virtual services including online fitness and wellness classes, workshops, support groups, can be accessed through dacl.dc.gov under the “DACL Events” tab or at daclevents.splashthat.com/
D.C. Hunger Solutions, DC Department of Health, DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education, DC Public Schools, DC Department Human Services and DC Department of Aging and Community Living have come together to create a District of Columbia Federal Nutrition Programs Toolkit with a roadmap on how to navigate Federal Nutrition Programs in the District.
Read D.C. Hunger Solutions’ SNAP Guide for Older Adults fact sheet for a quick overview of this vital federal nutrition program!